Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hobby = Chickens (Building the coop)

First things first... My goals:
I want a low maintenance easy to clean coop. 
Less poop more coop.
I want it to look halfway decent. 
I wanted to get a few chickens but don't want to spend much money... 

So I employed child labor tactics! 


I also saved money by finding most of the wood to build my coop. 
The hot spots for finding free pallets include: Paint stores, local hardware stores and home building sites. (our lowes and home depot keep their pallets locked up) I recommend getting permission before nabbing the free wood... 

I found a great pallet that was already framed out! Less work for me! It also helped me add a cool feature that every chicken coop should have. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment